Soups are one of the most loved dishes not only in autumn and winter! If served at room temperature their flavour will envelop you even in the hottest seasons.
Soups are one of the most loved dishes not only in autumn and winter! If served at room temperature their flavour will envelop you even in the hottest seasons. There are different types of soups: in fact, each seasonal vegetable can be transformed into a delicate cream to be enjoyed as a first course. We offer you a version with pumpkin and carrots, enriched with tasty rosemary croutons that make the dish very special!
Recipes for 4 people
- 750 gr pumpkin,
- 250 gr carrots,
- 1/2 small onion,
- 2 ladles of broth (with Dialbrodo Vegetale),
- extra virgin olive oil,
- fresh rosemary,
- salt and pepper,
- 2 slices of homemade bread,
- pumpkin seeds q.s.
- Start by peeling the pumpkin and the carrots; then cut everything into medium pieces.
- Clean and slice the onion and brown it with 2 tablespoons of oil for about 1 minute in a large saucepan.
- Once browned, add the chopped carrots, and brown them for about 1 minute over high heat, letting them soak up the flavour.
- Put 2 ladles of water to boil, add 2 tablespoons of Dialbrodo Vegetale, and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 ladle of the broth created and 2 sprigs of rosemary and let boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Then add the chopped pumpkin, an additional ladle of hot broth and another sprig of rosemary. Mix all the ingredients and cover again with the lid.
- Let it stew for 10 minutes over low heat, until the vegetables soften.
- Remove the sprigs of rosemary and blend the mixture with a blender. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of broth. The soup must be soft, full-bodied and without lumps.
- Cut the bread into cubes and toast them with a drizzle of oil and rosemary.
- Adjust with salt and pepper and add the rosemary croutons. Finish the dish with a round of oil and pumpkin seeds to taste.Et voilà, your pumpkin and carrot soup is ready to be served!