The lentil soup is a typical Abruzzo first course, and it is tasty and nutritious. Simple in ingredients and easy in the process, it is an ideal dish for winter dinners or, if served warm, even for autumn and spring.
The lentil soup is a typical Abruzzo first course, and it is tasty and nutritious. Simple in ingredients and easy in the process, it is an ideal dish for winter dinners or, if served warm, even for autumn and spring. The recipe has numerous variations: indeed, you can add vegetables, legumes, or meats to personalize the taste. The one we propose is the classic recipe, but you can add the ingredients you prefer!
Recipe for 4 people
- Brodo di verdure Dialbrodo
- 500 gr of lentils,
- 250 g chestnuts,
- 200 gr of lard,
- 1 onion,
- 1 celery stalk,
- 1 carrot,
- salt and pepper
- Start by soaking the lentils, for about 12 hours.
- Wash the chestnuts, cut their skin on top, put them in a pot with cold water until they are covered and cook for 30/40 minutes (depending on their size).
- Once cooked, peel the chestnuts, remove the skin, and put them on a plate.
- Chop some onions, celery, and carrots.
- Cut the lard into cubes.
- Take a large saucepan and prepare a sauté with the chop and the lard.
- Add the soaked lentils and Brodo di verdure Dialbrodo until they are completely covered.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the chestnuts and, a few minutes before the end of cooking, add them to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve your lentil soup hot. If you prefer, accompany it with croutons of bread previously toasted in a pan with a drizzle of oil.Enjoy your meal!